We all know protein is important for the body. But do we really know why?
We’ve rounded up some of the amazing benefits protein has on the body.
- Building and repairing tissues: proteins are important for growth and repair of tissues, such as muscle, skin, and bones.
- Maintaining fluid balance: proteins help regulate fluid in the body.
- Boosting immune system: proteins are essential for the production of antibodies and other immune system components that help fight infection and disease.
- Supporting metabolism: proteins help regulate metabolism.
- Maintaining a healthy weight: protein can help you feel full and reduce cravings
- Preserving muscle mass: consuming adequate protein can help maintain muscle mass, especially during weight loss and ageing.
- Supporting healthy bones: protein is important for the growth and maintenance of bones, helping to reduce the risk of osteoporosis.
Here at temple+co, we are big fans of Go Good Protein Powder. It's dairy-free, gluten-free and GMO-free for a start, plus it is low carb and vegan friendly. And comes in plastic-free packaging - that's a win for us!