Ingestible skincare not only looks after your gut, but it helps you glow from within Eat your way to a radiant complexion with this smooth and sumptuous dessert made using The Beauty Chef's best selling GLOW Inner Beauty Essential.
With a teaspoon of GLOW in every serving, these mousse pots are the ultimate way to nourish your gut and feed your skin from within. Containing 18 Certified Organic bio-fermented wholefoods, and now with even more nutrients, GLOW is a delicious source of skin-protective antioxidants and phytonutrients, as well as vitamin C for collagen formation, and zinc for healthy hair and nails.
The addition of blueberries in this recipe has an anti-inflammatory effect, while gelatin powder is rich in glycine, an amino acid that plays a vital role in maintaining the mucosal lining of the gut. And of course, you’ll be getting a skin-nourishing serve of healthy fats from both the coconut and the macadamias!
For the mousse...
- 1/3 cup (80ml) cold water
- 2 tsp grass-fed gelatin
- 1 cup (140g) raw macadamias, soaked in cold water for 4 hours and drained
- 1 cup (250ml) coconut cream
- 1 cup (120g) fresh or frozen & thawed, blueberries
- 1 tbsp GLOW Inner Beauty Essential
- 1 cup (250g) unsweetened coconut yoghurt, plus extra to serve
- Edible flowers & toasted coconut to serve
For the Blueberry Compote...
- ½ cup (60 g) blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tsp pure maple syrup
- Pour the water into a small heatproof bowl and sprinkle the gelatin over the surface in an even layer. Set aside for 10 minutes to soften.
- To prepare the blueberry compote, simmer the lime juice, maple syrup and ½ cup of blueberries in a small saucepan over medium-low heat for 2 minutes, or until berries have softened and the liquid has reduced to a syrup. Mash blueberries using the back of a fork to coarsely puree. Transfer into a small bowl and refrigerate until cooled.
- Place the bowl of softened gelatin over a small saucepan of almost-simmering water, until melted. Remove from the heat and set aside for 1-2 minutes.
- Place the macadamias and half of the coconut cream into a high-speed blender and blend on low until finely pureed. Add the remaining coconut cream and blend on medium-low, until smooth and creamy. Next, add the remaining blueberries, GLOW powder and melted gelatin and blend to combine. Transfer mixture into a medium bowl. Add the coconut yoghurt and gently fold through. Pour into four 1½ cup (375 ml) capacity serving bowls or ramekins and refrigerate for 4 hours, or until set.
- Top with additional coconut yoghurt, blueberry compote. Add edible flowers and toasted coconut if desired. Enjoy!