Now that Spring has arrived, it's time to adjust a few of the skincare habits you formed over Winter. We caught up with Sarah Bacon, founder of luxurious, natural skincare brand Velettà to see what she recommends to ensure great skin this Spring!
Here are Sarah’s top tips for changing seasons:
- Winter dryness can carry over into spring so keep regularly moisturising, morning and night to keep skin hydrated.
- With clearer days, it's easier to burn in spring so up your SPF to 50+ and ensure you're topping it up throughout the day.
- Spring time is prime time for allergies to be present with more pollen in the air. Make sure you're washing your face thoroughly each night, and keep an eye on any ingredients that start burning - You may need to take a break for a while.
- With humidity on the rise, there’s no need for a 10 step skin care routine. Stick to the basics and keep layers light. A good cleanser, moisturiser and weekly exfoliant is all you need as a base.
- Refresh your face cloths. The changing of seasons is the perfect time to make sure your face cloths are in good condition and maybe you want to consider replacing them if they are older than 6 months. This will help keep congestion at bay too.